Oenological tour of the wineries, cellars and local wine makers on the islands and along the mainland coast of Dubrovnik
- From: 2250 €
- Harbour: Dubrovnik
Cruising with motor ships along the magnificent Dalmatian coastline & islands on the route (KL5)
DUBROVNIK – KORČULA – HVAR – BIŠEVO (BLUE CAVE) / VIS – PELJEŠAC – STON / MALI STON / SLANO – DUBROVNIK
The secret love affair between the sea and the wine has been going on since the ancient times, and few are those who can resist it. By joining this very special cruise, which includes the island of Korcula and Hvar, and the city of Dubrovnik, you will become a part of that unbreakable bond. A tour of the wineries, the cellars and the local wine makers on the islands and along the mainland coast around Dubrovnik, and the chance to savour wines produced from the indigenous varieties of grapes enables one to learn about the tradition of viticulture and taste the life of this striking part of Croatia. Let yourself relax in the embrace of the sea and the wine, enjoy pleasant company and give a rest to your body and at the same time fortify your spirit with this rather unforgettable oenological adventure.
Saturday DUBROVNIK (D)
Transfer from Dubrovnik airport to Dubrovnik harbour for check in from 14.00h onwards. After settling in, transfer to the city gates for a guided tour. The special charm of this ancient town are the buildings that have remained from the time of the old Dubrovnik Republic. Many of the monuments belong to the modest Renaissance architecture with some traces of Gothic style. Take the cable car from the Old Town to Srđ mountain to enjoy scenic views of the mighty ramparts and of the Elaphiti Islands. Return transfer to the ship for a welcome dinner & cocktail reception. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
Sunday DUBROVNIK – KORČULA (B, L, WT)
Departure towards Korčula island best known as the birthplace of Marco Polo. While wandering along the herringbone pattern on this Island one can find more legends, tales and monuments than anywhere else. Early afternoon panorama drive through vineyards to visit the famous sandy beach Lumbarda and wine tasting in a well know local winery with grappa and snacks. Overnight in Korčula
Monday KORČULA – HVAR (B, L, WT)
Early departure towards Hvar the longest island in the Adriatic to visit the local farm and enjoy their wine, olive oil and traditional homemade products. See the Lavender museum and distillery with a presentation of a lavender history on the island Hvar. Transfer back to Hvar, for afternoon guided tour. Here one can find the Renaissance cathedral with its original tower; the oldest community theatre in Europe was founded here in 1612. Hvar offers plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes that are open long into the night and is often referred to as the sunshine island. Overnight on Hvar.
Tuesday HVAR – BIŠEVO (BLUE CAVE) / VIS (B, L, WT)
Early morning cruise towards the small island Biševo to visit the Blue cave, a magnificent natural phenomenon (entrances to be paid on the spot – approx. 14 EUR). Continue to the island of Vis, once a strategic naval Yugoslav base and closed to the public for years. Due to this isolation, Vis retains a special charm – “the Mediterranean as it once was” making it really interesting to visit. Situated on the northern side of the island, Vis has developed near the remains of ancient Issa, the first urban centre in Croatia. Enjoy the wine tasting at a local family owned winery with a long wine making tradition. Dinner on board. Overnight in the port of Vis.
Wednesday VIS – KUĆIŠTE (PELJEŠAC) (B, L, WT, D)
Morning departure towards the Pelješac peninsula, well known for its excellent wine. Lunch onboard and early afternoon transfer to famous Korta Katarina winery, for a guided tour of the production followed with wine tasting. Continuation to family owned Boutique Winery Mikulić in Orebić. Get to know the small family owned winery and traditional wine making process and enjoy the wine tasting of award winning Croatian wines followed with dinner. Late transfer back to the ship. Overnight on Pelješac peninsula.
Thursday KUĆIŠTE (PELJEŠAC) – STON / MALI STON / SLANO (B, WT, CD)
Departure after breakfast towards Trstenik. Transfer to the Croatian Museum of Viticulture Putniković, where the visitors are introduced to the traditional process of wine making, from vineyards to barrels, the historical development of the vines and finally the wine collection, followed by high-quality wine tasting with snacks. Then on to Ston, small village, once fortified, famous for its oysters. After exploring the town’s vast medieval ramparts, heading towards Europe’s oldest saltworks known as the trademark of Ston, a short coastal walk leads us to an oyster farm to learn more about oysters and a special tasting of this delicacy. Transfer to Slano for the Captain’s dinner with live entertainment.
Friday SLANO – DUBROVNIK (B, L, WT)
Enjoy one more day in the most unique town on the Adriatic, Dubrovnik. However, before mooring at Dubrovnik harbour cruise alongside the old Dubrovnik city walls. Enjoy afternoon in Dubrovnik at leisure. We recommend a walk on top of the 1940 m long city walls.
Saturday DUBROVNIK (B)
Breakfast and time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends! Check out by 9.00 am.
* Legend: B – breakfast; L – lunch; D – dinner; T – tasting, CD- Captain’s dinner, WT – Wine tasting
Prices & Terms
Dates & Prices 2024
Boat: MS Ave Maria or similar
|DELUXE SUPERIOR VIP Upper/Main Deck||€ 2.950,00|
|DELUXE SUPERIOR Upper/Main Deck||€ 2.550,00|
|DELUXE SUPERIOR Lower Deck||€ 2.250,00|
ALL DECK CABINS ARE SITUATED ON MAIN AND TOP DECK! Under deck cabins are in the hull of the ship
Price in Euro per person in a dbl/twin cabin.
Cruise price includes
- Arrival and departure transfers from / to Dubrovnik airport on the day of arrival and day of departure
- 7-night cruise in deluxe superior cabin with en-suite bathroom
- Welcome reception & cocktail
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 3 course lunches OR dinners onboard as specified in the itinerary + cheese and salad bar
- coffee or tea after lunch
- Olive oil and wine tasting on board
- Abundant fresh fruit
- Complimentary water
- Captain’s dinner with live entertainment
- Professional Tour manager
- Guided tours of Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korčula, Ston
- Visitors’ taxes & port fees
- Luggage handling
- Daily cabin service
- Complimentary wi-fi onboard
MONUMENTAL HERITAGE OF DUBROVNIK
- Spectacular cruise along the old town city walls of Dubrovnik
- Return bus transfer from Dubrovnik port to Old Town Dubrovnik for sightseeing
- Dubrovnik Cable Car fee
- Konavle area wine tasting at the Crvik Winery
EXPLORE THE BEAUTY OF KORČULA
- Panorama drive through vineyards followed by local wine tasting
- Visit the Lavander museum & enjoy olive oil tasting and Croatian traditional wine tasting
VIS WINE TASTING
- Wine tasting in the local family-owned winery in Vis
FLAVORS OF PELJEŠAC PENINSULA
- Visit the small family-owned winery with wine tasting
- Dinner in a local winery with a glass of high-quality wine
- Visit to the Grgić winery with wine tasting
- Visit the first Croatian Museum of Viticulture Putniković & enjoy wine tasting with snack
- Visit the salt farm & great walls of Ston
- Oyster tasting in Mali Ston
- No additional fees on arrival except gratuities
- Reservation fee of 35% of the total amount
- Remainder latest one month prior to arrival
Conditions & Cancellation policy
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- All cruise departures are guaranteed, however if less than 10 participants are booked, organizer reserves the right in cancelling the departure and changing the ship name if the need arises.
- Guests are obliged to follow the ship rules and regulations found in written form onboard especially in regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of inappropriate behavior captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark.
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – reservation fee non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – EUR 20 per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Reductions & Supplements
- Double cabin for single use (Single supplement): +50%
Cabin Type Description
Deluxe superior is a new class of newer and larger vessels, the best vessels that exist on the Adriatic sea built with high quality materials of solid wood, glass, marble, stainless steel and similar materials. Minimum 47 meters in length, newly built or refurbished after 2016, with hot tubs and spacious, superbly designed, air-conditioned en-suite cabins with double or twin beds, 15 to 20m2 in size. Cabins are equipped with wardrobes, deposit box, hair dryer, toiletries, bathrobe, slippers etc. From 2018 all deluxe superior vessels have external defibrillator(AED) available for emergency cases.
We kindly ask you to fill out the reservation form with requested details to get an offer with a booking option.